Saturday, January 8, 2011

2 months?!

Has it really been 2 months since my last post? Really? Gosh, where has the time gone?! I might do a quick recap of the last 2 months to fill in the gaps then. What has happened to me in last two months? Well...

I turned 30!

My MIL bought me a brand new fancy pants sewing machine which I pick up in a few weeks, and my family got me this...

















... a Nikon D3100! I've always loved photography so my new digital SLR is a much wanted and longed for gift. I'm off on a short course next weekend to learn how to use it properly.

We had Christmas.

I think the biggest surprise for me was my husband buying me this...






















... a wool winder! He found the Tangled Yarns shop location online and went in himself and bought it, all without me knowing. He's definitely a keeper! I've had loads of fun winding wool. Loads!

Hmm, what else has happened?

We got a four year old on Boxing Day :)















We got piggy tails!






















We went from counting Anya's age in weeks to months!















Otherwise, I guess the biggest thing that has happend is lots and lots of rain! All the river crossings around us are in flood, and for a waterway ecologist like me, there is little more beauty than to drive around and admire all the swollen rivers, inundated floodplains and active birdlife. Except maybe birthing a baby into your husbands hands by candle light at 2am in your own house, surrounded by family and powerful women.

So what's in store for us this year?

We're off to Ballina for our annual Australia Day holiday with the in laws, Mr 4 is off to kindy, we've sworn to do a handmade pledge cross consumption rebellion type challenge and only make or buy our clothes secondhand, loads more revegetation on our block, attending markets regularly and making the most of long weekends and holidays by doing as much camping as possible!

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy. Love your presents. Sounds like a good plan for the hew year.

    ReplyDelete